Rule Book Disclaimer:
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by participating in these events all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications or compliance with these rules and/or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The absence of a specific rule does not imply approval. The track reserves the right to add weight in the fairness of competition.
No Radios, Raceceivers are mandatory
THIS IS A PROTEST DIVISION
- Late Model type bodies Optional with 8″spoiler.
- All bodies must remain stock appearing.
- After market steel and/or aluminum bodies may be used and must remain stock appearing.
- NO fiberglass bodies allowed. A fiberglass roof and hood are allowed. Must be able to prove that these items meet fire retardant standards.
- Stock-type nose pieces are optional.
- No lowering of roofs.
- Factory-type bumpers or round tubing in original location. NO SHARP EDGES. ALL BUMPERS MUST TURN BACK TOWARD FRAME.
- No wings, no mirrors.
- Skirts allowed 6″ below front bumper.
- TUNNEL Drivers’ side must have full floorboard. Drivers’ seat must be 3″ ahead of left rear wheel.
- Must have tow hook on front and rear of car.
- FULL WINDSHIELD SCREEN MANDATORY. (maximum 1×2 square).
- Pick-up truck bodies – OK. Must have truck type nose.
CHASSIS AND SUSPENSION:
- Steel tubular clip chassis or stock clip chassis are allowed.
- No aluminum or titanium allowed in chassis construction.
- Rear frame optional. Minimum wheel base is 101 inches.
- Any round tube, square tube or rectangular tubing with minimum 1 ½ inch X .083” wall tubing.
- Cars must have a suitable steel roll cage in drivers compartment including seat bracket and head rest mounted safely.
- A minimum of three (3) door bars are mandatory on driver’s side of roll cage. Each door bar must be round tubing with a minimum of 1 ½ inch X .095” wall thickness.
- All cars must have either a 16 gauge steel plate welded to outside of door bars or a ¼” aluminum plate bolted to outside of door bars.
- This plate must reach from lowest door bar to highest door bar and from behind driver’s seat to at least 6 inches in front of seat.
- Roll cage must extend at least 1” above driver’s helmet.
- Roll cage must be welded to the frame.
- Frame to body or motor to frame optional. Engine to body optional.
- Front suspension, steering box, steering quickener, rack and pinion, and a-frames are optional.
- Racing shocks allowed.
- Steel or Aluminum Coil-over and coil-over eliminators allowed. Spring size optional.
- NO canister or remote reservoir shocks allowed.
- Steering rods may be shortened or lengthened. Tie rod ends may use steel or aluminum adjustment sleeves plus heim tie rods. STEEL HEIM JOINTS ONLY. NO aluminum or titanium. Aftermarket spindles OK. Sway bars and safety hubs on front are optional.
- Rear suspensions optional. i.e. Coil, coil-over, coil-over eliminators, or leaf springs allowed. No mismatches: i.e. leaf/coil combination. Must be same on both sides of rear. No fiberglass or carbon fiber springs. Sliders on rear leaf cars permitted. 4-bar or 3-bar suspensions are allowed.
- Fifth coil set-ups on lift bars allowed. All trailing arms or heim joints on rear suspension must be steel. NO aluminum trailing arms or heim joints. Birdcages on rear ends are allowed. These birdcages are allowed to swivel. Single pan hard bars may be used on coil spring cars only, but must be approved by Tech Inspector. Heim ends may be used for mounting. NO adjustments while running.
- Rear End may be locked, Interchanged in rear end permitted. 2″ offset rear ends. Quick change optional. Stock floaters optional. No Detroit lockers or any other ratchet type rear end;
spools are authorized, steel or aluminum.
- Rear safety hub. Dual spline axle (safety hub) will be allowed. Grand National type.
- Brake and clutch pedals may be stock or aftermarket style. Four wheel disc brakes permitted. Calipers are optional. All must be operating. Right front brake optional.
- ALUMINUM, STEEL, and CARBON FIBER allowed. Must have driveshaft loop.
- Must have operational reverse gear. Automatics may remove torque converter.
- Bert and Quick-change transmissions OK.
- NO direct drive or in/out boxes allowed.
- Any type clutch in stock location. Ram couplers OK. MUST HAVE A 3″ INSPECTION HOLE IN BELL HOUSING.
- Must be in stock location. Aluminum radiators allowed.
- Engine must be stock except for those items specifically spelled out in these rules. NO interchanging of internal parts. No high performance engines or parts. ALL accessories must be powered by engine.
- MINI-STARTERS ALLOWED. No aftermarket blocks. Manufacturer only oil pump. Engine oil pump may be high pressure and high volume. (stock configuration).
GM CRATE MOTOR:
- GM Crate Motor 602 (GM part number 88958602) are allowed.
- The 602 crate motor must remain sealed as it was supplied by factory.
- NO ALTERING, TAMPERING, CHANGING OR REMOVING OF ANY PARTS WILL BE ALLOWED. The GM Crate Motor #604(88958604) is allowed in the Limited Late Model class but may only use Holley 4412 or 80541 for carburetion.
- Milling of block permitted. Porting or polishing block is not permitted. NO ALUMINUM BLOCK. Lifter trays and screen on top of block allowed.
- Any flat top piston, maximum .060 overbore, plus .015 tolerances. Floating wrist pins allowed. Engines may be balanced.
RODS AND CRANKSHAFT:
- Stock stroke for block being used.
- 5.7″ long or 5.65″ long only.
- Any steel rod.
- Polished stock rods.
- Crank balancing optional.
- Minimum weight on crank – 48 lbs.
HEADS & VALVES:
- Any ratio rocker arms.
- All Chevy heads must remain within one degree of 23 degree valve angle heads.
- Dodge heads must remain within one degree of 18 degree valve angle.
- Ford heads must remain within one degree of 20 degree valve angle.
ALL HEADS MUST BE OEM STOCK OR OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT HEADS. APPROVED OEM STOCK REPLACEMENT STEEL
- Dart Heads: World Products: GM Performance Parts:
- #10021070 #043600-1 or -2 #3991492
- 10021070s 043610-1 or -2 141010837
- 10024360 043640-1 or -2 1409621
- 10024361 043650-1 or -2 10239906-vortec
- 10024362 12558062-vortec
- 10024364 Summit Racing:
- 10024365 #SUM-151124-vortec Racing Head Service:
- 10024370 #12400
- Pro Topline: Smiley’s Racing Products:
- #223 7694 167T #CC167CS
- 223 7694 217 CC167ES
- 223 6494 083 JPA350HS
- 223 6494 906- vortec JPA350HH
- Dodge or Ford OEM Stock Replacement heads must be approved by Volusia Speedway Park tech.
- NO titanium valves. Valve retainer optional. Stainless steel valves O.K. No porting, polishing or gasket matching. NO ALUMINUM HEADS. Screw-in studs and guide plates optional. Roller rockers optional. Valve springs optional, machining of head for large valve spring O.K. Retainers optional.
- Chevrolet: intake-1.94” maximum / Exhaust maximum 1.625
- Ford: intake- 2.02” maximum / Exhaust- 1.654” maximum
- Mopar: intake- 2.02” maximum / Exhaust- 1.625” maximum
- Any aftermarket 4-barrell intake may be used. No porting or polishing, or gasket matching allowed.
- Maximum 1.65 inch height adapter plate between carburetor and intake manifold. This includes spacer plus 2 gaskets.
- Tubular clip chassis= Chevrolet engine-maximum 6” set back. No Tolerance. Must have 100 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
- Ford engines-maximum 6” setback. Must have 50 lbs. added in front of flywheel.
- Stock clip chassis= maximum 6” set back. No tolerance.
- Engine may be offset a maximum 2” from center, measured from ball joints.
- Any flat tappet cam and lifters. No mushroom lifters or roller cams
- Any non-adjustable push rod allowed.
- Any stock factory electronics permitted. Dual point distributor may be used as long as one side is blocked off and functions only as a single point system. External coil wires on G.M. electronic distributor ok. MSD BOXES Ok.
- One 12-volt battery per car. NO 18-volt batteries.
- No battery inside driver’s compartment.
ALUMINUM WATER PUMP PERMITTED
- NO ROTARY FUEL PUMPS. NO ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP.
- Any stock (GM TO GM) fuel pump or aftermarket pump. Carter, Holley, etc. 8 lbs. pressure MAX.
- Holley 4412 2 bbl. 1850,3310,Holley 80541, or QuadraJet.
- Choke plate may be removed.
- Jets and Power valve may be changed.
- NO Other modifications to increase air flow.
- Billet metering blocks allowed.
- CARBURETORS MUST PASS TRACK GAUGES.
- Fuel tanks 33 gal. maximum.
- Plastic fuel cells must be encased in aluminum canister.
- No electric fuel pumps. Fuel petroleum base. (GAS!) Regular pump type gas, CAM2 or equivalent. NO TRICK ADDITIVES…NO ALCOHOL, etc.
WHEEL AND TIRES:
- Hoosier D21, D55 or RC4 only. 10 or 12 inch steel or aluminum rims.
- No tire softeners. NO soaking of tires. NO preheating of tires. No chemicals of any type inside tire except oxygen or nitrogen.
- Headers or stock exhaust manifolds O.K.
- Definition of stock means no modification to factory parts or factory specifications.
- Total weight minimum after race with driver. Stock front clip cars = 2650lbs.
- Stock front clip cars with 602 crate motor = 2500lbs.
- Tubular clip cars = 2700lbs.
- Tubular clip cars with 602 crate motor = 2550lbs.
- All tubular clip cars with Chevrolet engine must have100 lbs. mounted in front of flywheel.
- All tubular clip cars with Ford engine must have 50lbs. mounted in front of front of flywheel.
- All cars with 604 engines must move 50lbs of lead in front of flywheel.
Top 5 finishers must go across scale after feature and then report directly to TECH SHED. Tech inspector will inspect first five and anyone else track sees fit.
If it’s not stated in the rules it doesn’t mean it’s approved. Please consult with the tech-man for approval. All tech decisions are final. The track reserves the right to add weight to any driver in the fairness of competition.